About Karen Schmidt
The seeds for my role as a speaker, coach and facilitator were planted early in my career when I encountered disengaging leaders and colleagues who were performing below their capabilities.
Originally a Human Resources practitioner, I’ve been nurturing frontline leaders for more than 20 years. My experience comes from working with organisations of all shapes and sizes across a wide range of industries in big cities and regional centres.
To add to my practical experience I hold a degree in Adult Education and formal qualifications in Human Resource Management. I am the author of 5 books including “Greenhousing: nurturing the next crop of leaders” and “Green Thumb Leader: how to grow from a frontline manager into a frontline leader”.
Today I work with current and future leaders across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. My clients include corporates, government, professional associations, not for profits and small business.
- BEd in Adult Education, University of Technology, Sydney
- Human Resources Management certification, TAFE NSW
- Certified Learning Professional (CLP), Institute for Learning Professionals
- Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), Global Speakers Federation
- QLD/NT Chapter President for Professional Speakers Australia (PSA) 2012
- PSA National board member from 2012 to 2014 and Australian representative on the Global Speakers Federation Council
- Australian Institute of Management (AIM)
- Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI)
- Australian Institute of Training and Development (AITD)
- Institute for Learning Professionals (ILP)
- Professional Speakers Australia (PSA)
To find out how I can help you grow your frontline managers into frontline leaders contact me.